Great Tips To Eating Everything In Moderation To Stay Healthy
Although eating in moderation is becoming the “done thing” with many people these days, there are still those of us who have that “all in” attitude by alternating between cleanses and deprivation diets or binging on fatty foods and sweets. Balance is incredibly important to the way we eat. Following are a few great tips to eating everything in moderation to stay healthy.
- Develop your own guiding principles – What does moderation look like to you? It’s more than likely eating meat, sweets, and occasionally, processed foods. This generally means that we eat vegetables at home, but when we go to a restaurant or are invited to eat at family or friend’s things are entirely different and all rules are ignored completely. This probably works for you, so before you start worrying about moderation, decide what suits you and your lifestyle best.
- Enjoy the things that you’re meant to enjoy – treats are meant to be enjoyed, so do just that! Don’t put yourself on a guilt trip because you’ve veered away from eating in moderation. Instead, concentrate on the pleasure you’re getting from that one little treat.
- If you can’t see it, you won’t eat it! – grocery shopping is the key to eating everything in moderation to stay healthy. Simple buy less of the foods you know you shouldn’t be eating. If you don’t have it in your kitchen, you won’t want to eat it. Stock up instead on healthy foods and snacks like veggies, nuts, berries, yoghurt, hummus, and so forth.
- Give your taste buds time to adapt – it might take a while, but once you change your diet to eating healthy meals, the less you will crave processed and sugary foods. It takes time for your taste buds to adapt, so don’t give up! Okay, so you will more than likely never lose your love for sugar-filled foods, but those terrible cravings will decline significantly after some time.
- Be mindful – always be mindful of what you’re eating. Avoid eating those hand-to-mouth snacks while you’re multitasking. Instead, treat yourself when you have been sticking to your rule of eating everything in moderation to stay healthy, and enjoy every morsel! Practice being mindful of what you eat every day and you will find that those treats become a lot more pleasurable in the long run.
If you screw up every so often, don’t beat yourself up about it, because everyone does it. Rather be kind to yourself and stay positive. There’s always tomorrow to start eating everything in moderation to stay healthy.