This salad is full of fresh spring flavours.
Sweet strawberries, basil and avocado are tossed with cooked quinoa and topped with fresh feta cheese and pine nuts.
The champagne vinaigrette adds a light fruity touch to the already simple yet elegant salad.
This is a must-make for any spring gathering or even as a light meal.
For the champagne vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (you can substitute balsamic, apple cider or even red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (goat cheese is a good substitute)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, finely chopped (you can also use rocket)
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, very thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Pine nuts or sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Blend until thick and creamy and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, strawberries, 1/4 cup of the feta cheese, spinach, basil and avocado. Add in 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
- Divide the salad between serving bowls. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of feta cheese, pine nuts and extra vinaigrette before serving.